6/24/12

As Applied: 6.16.12 - 6.22.12

I've seen it done before in various corners of the internet and I thought I would do something similar.  I am going to attempt to compile all the instances when the various things I carry were useful and post the list on a weekly basis.  I hope to catalog essentially everything that I do with the more "interesting" things in my pockets, those being a knife, flashlight, pen / paper, and keychain implements.

- - -


Saturday, June 16, 2012:

Flashlight:  Nitecore EX11.2
  • Illuminate yard of cabin (tripping in the dark isn't fun).
Knife:  CRKT M16-14SFG
  • Split firewood (batoned like a champ);
  • Feather kindling. 
Sunday, June 17, 2012:

Flashlight:  Nitecore EX11.2 / Olight M20S-X
  • Illuminate walkway / backyard;
  • Attempted to take photos of submerged flashlight (didn't work out as desired).
Keychain:  Flathead screwdriver
  • Tightened down camera mount on Peak Design's Camera Clip. 
Pen / Notebook:  Zebra F-701 /  Field Notes
  • Jotted down US Patent # 6,644,498 (I really wanted to know why paper napkin rings were all individually printed with patent numbers).
Monday, June 18, 2012:

Knife:  Spyderco Para-Military2
  • Enlarged ventilation hole on coffee lid.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012:

Knife:  Spyderco Para-Military2
  • Saved seedlings from groundskeepers (dug out sprouting trees).
Wednesday, June 20, 2012:

Nothing exciting.

Thursday, June 21, 2012:

Nothing exciting.

Friday, June 22, 2012:

Knife:  Spyderco Para-Military2
  • Cut paracord for bracelets.

- - -

The vast majority of the opportunities I had to use the stuff in my pockets arose from going to Maine with friends.  Of course, heading into the great outdoors always provides ample opportunity to use knives, flashlights, and the like.  A more typical week is coming and I plan to again record the instances when the stuff in my pockets has done more than take up space.  In the grand scheme of things I'm not sure this sort of post genre will get much attention.  Perhaps an installment every so often but certainly not a weekly occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment